attaboy

I made a table for a friend earlier this year and now I'm making him another one. We were looking at padauk the other day and he noticed that there was a variation in the color/grain of the boards. He asked me if the top of his current table (33"x60") was all one piece. When I told him that (of course) it wasn't, he asked me how it looks like it's all one piece. I said (insert Yiddish accent here) "a ha......".
todd

Paint makes everything look like one piece.

Cold man cold!!!!
jo4hn wrote:

Doh !!

Sheesh - and ya' could'a used MDF!?! :) [ Have to admit, it'd be a toss up on what's a more PITA dust producer 'tween the two. ]

For the record, his current table is cherry (_not_ painted, I'm afraid). This will be my first foray into padauk, and I think I will be stepping up my dust collection techniques.
todd

Good luck then. I'm *still* sucking up parts of the red cloud some months later after a little bit of padauk cutting. I'm about ready to fire up the compressor and, if I can suck it, I'll relocate it...