Atlanta area woodworkers

Unless I read something wrong it is going to be in Norcross.

I believe it's still at the North Atlanta Trade Center in Norcross, unless there is one I don't know about. More information?
I'm a South-sider as well (South-West, off I85) but it's not a big deal to get to the other side, at least on the weekend. I wasn't here when they had it by the airport.
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:53:42 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

Thanks to all who replied.
I attended the international show a couple of time when it was in Atlanta. What a monster that was. More to see that my feet could stand.
Jim
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:53:42 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

There is a woodworking show March 7-9, at the North Atlanta Trade Center, in Norcross, GA (off I85, just North of I285). You can find it at their site.
http://www.northatlantatradecenter.com/
My bad. I thought I read it was moving back to Sugarloaf. I'm not a fan of the Norcross site. The aisles are too narrow and are easily jammed during demo's. The Camp Creek facility at the airport had lots of parking ( altho ugh they charged for it) and you could pull up to the back to pick up heavy purchases. Worst ever was one year they held it in the Inforum on Williams St downtown. Oh well...back to Norcross it is.
On 1/31/2014 11:53 PM, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

Here in NJ there were 2 competing shows. And they were watering down the pool. Lot's of guys did not like one of the shows that was running things. Can't remember if it was the WOODWORKING SHOWS or the other.
Anyway, our's used to be huge, then it got smaller.. and smaller.. I thought that it would fail. I stopped going to a bunch of them, like every other year.
I also drove down to Baltimore years ago. To the cow palace.. It was much bigger than NJ's. But I have heard that got smaller too.
I think the Yankee Workshop had lot's to do with the numbers believe it or not. Once it stopped showing on HGTV WW numbers went down. Now that it is no longer being produced it has caused a lot of would be wood workers to fade away.
That's just my opinion, not based on anything but my own perception.
--
Jeff

wrote in message

It would have been handy if the Atlanta area woodworkers had spread all their sawdust on the roads before I got there last Wednesday morning. ;~)