aternative stain

Hi. I'm new to this site. So here goes is there an alternative to the minwax bombay mahogany polyshade? What I would like to do is a rub on stain in the same color. Then do a fast drying minwax wipe on poly so I can have better control over it. Any coments about this would be grate thanks.
--
terry1

Hi Terry, If you go to a shop that supplies the trade, they can mix any colour stain you may want. JG

JGS Wrote: > Hi Terry,

> stain

> on

> grate

Thanks Ill look one up and try it
--
terry1

Having used that terrible stuff, there are many stains that will work similar to Bombay mahogany.
Look at any of the great many walnut stains.
I would also seriously consider learning how to spray on stains or colored shellac. You will end up with a MUCH better finish.
Go here and do a little reading.
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/htdocs/TransTint.htm