Astraweb News

Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up for Astraweb's news service. I chose the 25GB option to try it out. So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first forgot to point my news reader to use "NewsProxy")
It's good to be able to access "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" again.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I paid the 25 bucks for 180 gig last June. According to my calculations I'm downloading less than a gigabyte a month, which means I'll need to resubscribe about 2039 or so. Fastest news server I've ever used, and I first found usenet in 1991.

I have been using astraweb for over a year now. 25GB for $10. Used about 1 GB so far. In 24 more years I'll be close to 90 ...
--
Best regards
Han

Except, a.b.p.w. is almost likea ghost town these days. FWIW I use Giganews for $3 a month and get 2 gig. I seldom use much over 10-15 meg. Too bad there is no roll over. LOL
"Leon" wrote:

Use Astraweb with OE6 and convert the $3/month into a $2 Chuck ration.<G>
Lew

OE6! OE6???? LOL I have OE8 but use Firefox 3.53. In fact OE8 crashed when I just now opened it to check its version. LOL
Leon wrote:

You must use *IE* 8. The last version of Outlook Express is 6.00. You used OE 6.00.5843 to post your message.
Firefox will give your cat warts. If you don't have a cat, you should be okay.

DOH! Thanks for pointing out the obvious?

Just in case, Seriously, thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious "to me". I was not trying to be a SA although after rereading what I posted in response I could see it could easily be interpreted as offensive towards you, which it was not intended to be.
Whew!
Leon wrote:

Whatever floats your boat as long as it provides a source of $2 Chuck rations.
BTW, why does Firefox enter into the dialog about e-mail?
Lew

I believe I have already answered that question. I was having a senior moment. LOL sorry.