Assistance pls - Delta Chopsaw - Blade Froze -

Greetings fellow sawdust makers,

I have a 10 year old delta chopsaw, model 36-220. For whatever reason, the blade just froze. I can not even turn it by hand with the power off.

Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks John

Reply to
John

Sounds like bearing(s) or wild chance got something jammed in the rotor via the air vents. Now would seem a good time to take it apart to see what's wrong...

Reply to
dpb

It is the motor that froze. Something is jamming the armature, and only taking it apart can disclose what is causing the problem. I suppose you could try to disassemble it. Perhaps then you could make some headway on learning what is really wrong.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Amazon.com?