assembly question for the pros...

Newbie here. I'm just about to assemble a small bookcase I made out of 3/4 birch ply. Dimensions are roughly 32"x25"x11" and the design is very simple. Rabbets to connect the sides to the tops and rabbets in the rear of all pieces to accept a plywood backing. This will be a glue only affair, and the assembly has me a little scared. Should I shoot for gluing the carcass up first and then dropping the back in later or should I do the whole thing at once?
Thanks for any tips...

unless the back is to be trapped entirely and floating in the assembly, put the back in last.
"Travis" wrote in message

If the glue up is complicated for you, simply use the back panel to square the rest of the assembly while the glue dries, but don't fasten it until latter.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

and true, doing a complete glue up including the back saves a lot of that measuring diagonals and such to check for square.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods