ask this old house

i was watching it the other day and there is a newbie on the show.... almost a steve clone.... who is this guy and where did steve go ????

Reply to
WARRENRN1

Steve and Bob Villa have teamed up and are building custom homes in Brazil. TOH has been very popular down there and they have been held in high esteem so the are cashing in on it. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Russ Morash caught Marian tossing Steve's salad.

Reply to
A Dog Named Stain

Anyone know what kind of dressing she used?

Reply to
Phisherman

Creamy Italian?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

From the This old house WEB Site FAQ:

Where's Steve Thomas? After 14 years as host of This Old House and contributing to the successful debut of the brand new series, Ask This Old House, Steve has decided to explore other opportunities and challenges. Steve is pursuing creative opportunities that will enable him to do more in front of and behind the camera. Although we're sorry to see Steve go, we're excited for him and wish him well. His departure is completely voluntary. Steve has decided that he wants to apply his considerable skills and talents to a new chapter in his life.

Reply to
John Foote

On 4-Nov-2003, "John Foote" quoted:

That's the boilerplate every company uses when they fire some bugger. The higher up the feeding chain, the more flowery the praise. I've seen them write that about guys security dragged away.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

I'm glad to see that the website has now acknowledged that Steve doesexist and that the past 14 years were not a figment of our imagination. And because they chose to include the sentence about Steve's departure being voluntary, I now tend to believe that he wasn't fired after all. So I would conclude that the producers must have pissed him off enough to make him quit.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Sounds like what my boss said after he canned me.

Reply to
Mark

I caught Steve in a segment on the DIY network.

Reply to
Frank J. Vitale