ASH TREES Are Rapidly Dying

Page 2 of 2
Anthromorphism. Look it up.
vaguely

George wrote:

If you can - there is no such word.
Do you mean anthropomorphism ?
True. And it has fuck all to do with what I said.
Mind you. I know a few guys that remind me of cane toads <GGG>

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I did. Could not find it.
But if you think that there is a "natural" cure for every disease, then you are wrong.
If you are saying that every "invasion" is simply part of nature, and should be accepted as part of natural progression, then you open a new can of worms (probably literally).
The human _appears_ to be the first species that sees that they will have to suffer the consequences of their actions. I am not sure that this allows them to control theor actions to suit even _human_ needs, let alone the "mother earth".
If you, with your "Anthromorphism" say "Well we are only anumals" (hey, if you can't spell it you may well use it wrongly!), then we are just animals and have _no_ control, let alone limited control, over our effect on the place we live in.
Bugger! Boom! Splat!

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Actually, anthropocentrism was the word of choice. Though we seem to indulge in a bit of anthropomorphism as well when we imply that "the planet" is punishing us for our trespasses as we rightly deserve.

Nope, you are. If nothing else, the demise of the infected "cures" the disease, failing another host.

Yep, and on firm scientific legs I stand. That's where that anthropocentrism comes in. We may strive to measure things, but we are not the measure of all things.

Nope. The wolf eats the last moose on the island as readily as the first, though he will certainly starve thereafter. The beaver fells trees until he must relocate or starve, and any disease organism which is universally fatal to its host (see above) soon perishes as well.

Nope, anyone who said or implied that we have no control would be a fool, like someone who takes a typo for anything but what it is.

Snicker.
Snicker

that might be relevant...

which we do.... indulge, at least, and deserve, possibly.

you snipped the mis-spelling. context is everything....

eventually the sun will burn out and everything on earth will die. that's natural, right?
<G>

unless you're a solipsist...
<GD&R>

I don't follow your nope. what was it you just refuted?

hmmmm.....
uh huh.
proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

So it was not a typo, but a complete misuse of a word and I am not a fool for having questioned it then. ***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.