Article on finishing

In one of the big three magazines in the last few months was a article on finishing that was very detailed on how to dye,glaze and top coat a finish.
I think it was on mission furniture but I could be mistaken.
The author was using gel stain as a glaze and I can't find that article to save my neck.
Anybody recall ????

I think you want Fine Woodworking #182.
Joel Jacobson