Arrow Electric Brad Nailer

I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.
Anyone have any experience with these?
I have a similar electric brad nailer that was made by Swingline. I never use it because it doesn't have enough power to drive brads home in anything much harder than balsa wood. Even soft pine gives it problems. In pine the last 1/8" or so of the brad is usually left exposed and must be driven in with a hammer and nail set. It was a gift from a very special person, so I've still got it. Otherwise, it would have hit the trash years ago. I have Porter Cable pneumatic nailers that never fail me. They just aren't quite as portable because they need an air compressor.
--
Charley

"Locutus" <locutus snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I've got the Craftsman equivalent. Same problem as Charley. Going pneumatic when I'm able. Cheers Joe

It will be a waste of money.
Leon wrote:

I agree, it will be a waste of money. I have one, never use it.
JP
Any of the electric staplers will work with pine (maybe) or cardboard but not hard wood.
We have two of them. I got one years ago for a project. Most of the time I have to use a hammer to finish driving the brad. My wife not knowing I had one purchased another for some upholstery projects. She had me cut a sheet of 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood so she could use it for a seat of an metal bench. She first tried her electric gun and it would not even go through the fabric and the padding not to mention the plywood. I had gone to HF and purchase a $20 air stapler that came with staples. The only problem we had is the shortest staples were too long for the plywood and I had to cut strips of addition plywood so the staples would not stick up into the seat.
Locutus wrote:

To save gas, just flush the money down the toilet and save a trip to the store.
Locutus wrote:

You'll be a lot happier saving up for even a cheap compresor and nail gun.
I have that exact gun. Worthless for hardwood. Buy mine if you need a paper weight.What are you intentions for using it?
The work well as a brad starter. Start the brad with the Arrow and drive it home with a hammer.

brads
it
Locutus,
I was involved with the Arrow company at one time and would have to agree with all the other posts. For 99% of all projects it would be useless. Maybe not even that useful. arrow does make a heavier gun that will drive a nail through 3/4" Oak but I don't know who carries it and I would think it retails in the $100.00 range.
Home Depot has a little red air compressor that is set up like one of those black suitcases on wheels with the extended handle to pull it around with. The compressor is $100.00. Buy that and a $20.00 nail gun from HF and you will be very pleased with both. I use the little red compressor to power my framing and roofing nailers also. My compressor is almost two years old and sees pretty heavy use.
Have fun,
Craig
www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

Thanks for the feedback everyone.