Arne Jacobsen Ant Chairs

I have a set of original, three-legged, black-painted Jacobsen Ant Chairs. They're in need of repair, and while considering this I wondered whether it would be possible - and not too damaging - to have the paint stripped off to show the natural wood. Does anyone know what might happen to bent wood if it were to be dipped-and-stripped?? And does anyone know what sort of wood might be lurking beneath the paint?

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Jane

Reply to
Jane S

Visit

which is Jeff Jewitt's site where several forums exist. You can ask in the forum for restoration/refinishing or a name similar to that and it's possible Jeff can answer the question. He also is familiar with several other sites where expertise resides.

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Jane S schreef

Seems like beech (Fagus sylvatica) would be the favorite. Given Jacobsen's prominence there should be exact information in a book somewhere? PvR

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel