Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

Page 6 of 10

So, what happened to slowing down a little more and waving the guys behind you to pass? You're trying to be this road conscious safety dude, did that thought somehow evaporate at the thought of some idiots tailgating you on icy roads. Was is a one way mountain road?

OK, now you are changing the circumstances. With rain, fog, ice, etc, sure, you have to slow down. I'm talking about normal daylight dry conditions.
No, I don't have to drive fast, it is a choice I make. My normal commute is 10 mile of highway at +5, another 10 miles of secondary at +5, another few miles of a different secondary at +15. It does not matter if I'm early or late, I drive the same way.

There are times that the speed limit is near the real road limit.
There is also a big difference between driving a little over the speed limit and driving irresponsibly or recklessly. I don't weave in and out of traffic, nor do I drive in an unsafe manner as my driving record will bear out.
wrote in message

So you would tailgate someone who's going down a steep hill at the speed limit? Dude, if you did that to me, I'd flash you the "you're number 1" sign, and if you pulled over to the shoulder and got out, you'd have problems. Major problems. The guy in the truck would have had a major problem, but he had 2 of his fellow rednecks with him, so I didn't stop. :-)
-

Oh my, now you have me scared. Truth is, once you gave me the finger, I'd be too shook up to drive further. I'd just pull over and try to compose myself and continue on at a very slow pace. Wow, It would probably take me a very long time to recover.

:-).........you could pull into the nearest bar and have a Coke/whiskey to settle the nerves after being flashed the number 1 sign. It's cool. Yeah I should have previously mentioned the mountain road's tendency to ice up on winter mornings. I would have thrown down with the truck's redneck driver, but he had 2 dudes with him. Even my 3 years of Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu wouldn't have helped much. I would have broken someone's arm but would have had my head pummeled by the other 2 inbreds. One-on-one would have been a breeze, though. But hillbilly rednecks don't fight fair. I suppose I could have crashed into their truck. In that film "Ode to Billy Joe", the scene where the Ford and Chevy trucks are pushing each other on the bridge is pretty cool. late 40's/early 50's Chevy versus same era Ford.
-
wrote in message

I would assume, then, if one is in a marked police car that they can go even faster.
A few months ago, a Nevada State Trooper was doing just that. Depending on which crash analysis you read, he was going between 113 and 119 mph when he hit the back of a Cadillac THAT WAS DOING THE SPEED LIMIT OF 55 MPH. Four of the occupants in the Cadillac were killed on impact. The fifth, a 16 year old pregnant girl lived. He said he was on his way home to take an online history test, and the time window for him to do so was about to expire. He was running without red lights or siren.
He was sentenced a couple of days ago to two to twelve years. Pretty light sentence.
I get aggravated with people who think they are so important that the rest of the world needs to get out of their way because they are late, or just have a king complex.
Steve

Going 65 would not have been a big deal, but yes, this is excessive for anyone. He deserves a stiff jail sentence.

Yeah. And I don't see a lot of old folks homes for pirates, gangsters, or badasses, either.
Steve

So you're a road rage loon. I'll bet your wife is so proud....:)

It was MY road BTY.

That doesn't make you special. Lots of people think they own the road. :)

Musta been a property stake error.

Combination of nature and nurture results in bad behaving brats; kids end up like the parents. If you were to confront the parents, they'd probably laugh at you or tell you to go to hell or tell you to mind your own business. But in a civilized society, parents raising hellions/brats is everyone's business. Because we're going to be the ones paying for a lot of these brats when they get older. When they get knocked up by other losers and then get on welfare/section 8/ssi/food stamps/medicaid, etc.. Or if they go nuts or get on drugs, then they'll be declared "mentally ill" and get an SSI check/Medicaid/Section 8 monthly. Bad parenting costs taxpayers lots of money.
-

I think there needs to be a study done to determine why idiots are so fertile. Maybe because they don't work a lot, and have lots of time on their hands to screw?
Steve

Unfortunately most people look the other way and later wonder why the world is the way it is.
wrote

It's the managers fault because you don't like kids???
I would have probably shared the opinion of the manager.

Huh? They're running around doing that scream that feels like an ice pick in your ear, and you think I don't like kids?
I have kids.
I have grandkids.
And we don't let them be a PITA to others, and we sure as hell don't let them run all over the place in public establishments acting like screaming heathens.
Steve
wrote

If they did, would that be the establishments fault or the parents fault?
Locutus wrote:

Unruly patrons who ruin the experience of other diners should be shown the door, IMHO.
Dave