Are woodcrafts wood prices fair?

You mean like these?

Harris is usually in the ballpark, and TWR is often a bit higher. I just noticed Harris stopped listing prices. That must have started in the last month or so.

TWR's Qsawn white is now $5.75, so it might be headed to CWG's price.

8^(

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

Remind me to give you a call next time I need lumber :-)

John

Reply to
John McCoy

I work at the store in Indianapolis, we give very good prices on our wood and also, allow and usually knock off bdf. for splits, knots etc. Just ask an associate if he can do better with the price or match another quote. Prices are usually set by the different suppliers that are used by different stores, plus some wood, exotic, are direct from WC. Store has no say in price other than to loose money.

kk

Reply to
kdz.96

John McCoy responds:

Not likely to be a help. The guy who gets me that lumber is a friend, giving me a break on his near wholesale prices. If I start asking for supplies for other people, I'm going to get my head handed to me, and justifiably so.

Charlie Self "Cabbage: A familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man's head." Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Reply to
Charlie Self

So where do your prices fit in with this discussion?

Should I start comparing my pro-deal bicycle prices with the other cyclists on the group who pay retail?

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Barry asks:

Nowhere, I'm afraid. I stay in enough tax trouble without getting into any form of retail. Jeez, sales taxes added to income taxes to business gross taxes added to....urp. I'm sick.

Charlie Self "Cabbage: A familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man's head." Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Reply to
Charlie Self

Slindars, Try out Medley Hardwoods in north Miami (Medley,FL).They carry just about anything you would need in hardwoods. Mahogany,Cherry,Teak,Soft Maple, Hard Maple, Poplar, IPE,Coumaru, ASH, Red Oak, White Oak, Fir and more. I live in the WestPalm Beach area it's about 58 miles for me door to door, well worth the drive you should be half that distance depending on where you are in Broward Co. I was just there last week. Paid $2.00 Bd/Ft for 4/4 Ash, $2.60 Bd/Ft for 4/4 Soft Maple and $4.86 Bd/Ft for 4/4 Cherry. Thier web site is

, just to let you know the pricing is a little out of date on the web call ahead for exact pricing.

Vince

Reply to
flvince