Are these parts for my PC router? (If not, what are they for?)

I purchased a used Porter Cable 693 fixed & plunge base router combo recently. In the box (no manual), I found these 2 elongated screws, with a red =932=94 printed on the top of them. Do they go with the plunge base somewhere? I looked at the parts diagram on the Delta/PC website for this router but don=92t see these on there, or at least don=92t recognize them in the line drawing. Any ideas what they are for if they even go with this router?

Cheers!

opalko

guide...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

My PC-690 edge guide uses similar (though mine are chrome) posts. They should screw into the side of the base.

Reply to
keithw86

The 690 uses unthreaded rods for attachment of the guide, with screws as you describe to secure the rods.

My old (~1973) B&D came with a pair of long and a pair of short rods that looked much like duke's photos, except that they lacked the painted number. (I'm wondering if the "2" isn't the length.)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

They are for a edge guide of some sort.

See if they will screw > I purchased a used Porter Cable 693 fixed & plunge base router combo

Reply to
Pat Barber

the vaiours pictures

or use them to make your own

Limp Arbor

You're right. I'd forgotten which got screwed into which. What the OP has are *definitely* PC edge guide bars, which screw into the *edge guide*. They then fit into the holes in the router base, holding the edge guide to the router.

Reply to
krw

You're right - I need to get back into my shop! :-/

Reply to
Morris Dovey