Are there any medications one could take to stop buying tools

I find myself buying way too many tools, kind of like gambling, are there any meds or treatments to stop this. Thanks, Dave.

No. That is all.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I've recently found just the thing you're looking for. It's called New Baby. Since getting my prescription filled in December, I've had absolutely no time to even look at my existing tools, let alone shop for new ones. The only problem is that once you're on the medication, the entire treatment runs for several decades.
Colin

Aw! You'll get back on the sawhorse before long.
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:33:07 +0000, Colin B. wrote:

There is another (temporary?) cure. It's called Kid going to college. Kind of like New Baby. I think they come from the same source.
D.G. Adams

Marriage has been shown to be an effective treatment in most cases. Take one wife and apply as necessary.

But not in all cases, my wife gave me a Lee Valley gift certificate for Christmas and applauded my purchase of a Bosch jigsaw about the same time, I guess that makes her a keeper.

Good for you. My wife often asks, "why don't you have one of them?" if she sees Norm using a tool. She thinks I should have one of every tool made. Gotta love her.

An accute overdose of sleeping pills might do it. Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.
Bill ( 0:

PS: That's an oxymoron. There ain't no such thing as too many tools.

Yes. Buy even more tools so that your present collection will seem very small. Don't worry though. It will stop automatically when you reach the age of infirmity when you can no longer pick up a plane or a screw driver. Till then- enjoy!

Not a medication, but a drug. Hemlock.
Dave wrote:

There is an organization called Tool Grubbers Anonymous or TgA for short. It's a 12 step program that ultimately weans you from buying more tools buy encourages you to sell/give off what you have. I have never been to one of their meetings since I don't have a problem. Indeed, I try to help out by taking in the old tools that are causing the problems (with NO charge!).
    hope this helps,     jo4hn
p.s. They do have a slogan which is shouted several times at each meeting: "Bad Robin!!!! BAD!!! ;-)

Progesterone?
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:35:56 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@velocity.net wrote:

Ricin and strychnine. When you're dead you don't have the urge to buy tools

Why would one want to stop? Do you have them all?
--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

I'm the opposite. I *hate* buying tools. I *hate* shopping and comparing features. I agonize over whether or not I made the right decision. I *hate* assembling them and I *hate* tuning them. I've held onto old crappy tools way too long because I didn't want to go through the process. I just bought a new table saw because my 25 year old saw died an ugly death. I'm still tuning the new one and, frankly, I'm pretty miserable about it. Projects are piling up.
That said, I do have a weakness for some tools. I'll buy a push stick or a feather board rather than spend the time making them. When it's all said and done, I'm happiest making furniture. Everything else is a distraction....
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

In general terms, I agree with you. I don't go buy tools just for the "woo" factor, I'll only buy something if I have a definite need for it right now. I won't buy the "latest and greatest" just to have it sit on the shelf gathering dust and I won't buy something unless it does a job I absolutely cannot do with the tools I've already got. As such, I usually only buy to replace tools that die with a better model. I'd much rather spend my money on wood and actually do something with it.
--
Blog Me! http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com