Are There Any Galoots Still Around?

Why are all the Roberts in this group kinda weird?

Oh and welcome Robert...

mahalo, jo4hn the space king...

Reply to
jo4hn

Charlie - Jummy is still around, just not posting a lot. He's popped up a few times lately(hint - he's found something new. Redwood!)

Norm

Reply to
ravens

Not aware of the Nelson poem, but there was a similar one about Drake, some of the lines of which are:

Take my drum to England Hang it by the shore Strike it when your powder's running low And if the Dons sight Devon We'll quit the port of Heaven And drum 'em up the Channel as we drummed 'em long ago

Drake he was a Devon man He sailed the Seven Seas Captain, art thou sleepin' there below....

..... as recalled from many hours spent in a New York pub named Drake's Drum, about 40 years ago. Yes, I know I could Google it, but I'll leave that to you. Goosing the memory cells is my way of arresting the slide into senility.

John Martin

Reply to
jmartin957

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:02:26 -0700, the infamous jo4hn scrawled the following:

Ditto here. I've been away for a long while, pestering the Wreck Metalheads instead of youse guys. I'm happy to see half a dozen names that I recognize.

OK, only 16,387 more posts to catch up.

P.S: I can't live without my #65-1/2 (w/ Hock iron) and my #4-1/2. I've recently been using the 4-1/2's iron as a mini slick. (James Swan, eat your heart out!)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Looks like you have been sitting up and taking nourishment on a regular basis.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Welcome back Larry. How's that bow saw coming? [just kidding].

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

good to C you.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Hey! I recall a poster from the past that uses the same name as you. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:15:58 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Nah, the server only had a year's worth on it. Otherwise I'd be really inundated by the number of posts.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:26:35 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita scrawled the following:

Thanks, Mark. I think I got so much crap about the bow saw that I never did end up making it. I think I have some of the prototype pics around somewhere. Want me to scare one up for ya, for old time's sake?

Jeeze, I just get back and...

While I was gone, I started a handyman service. Even if I'm not doing fine woodworking, I'm doing _woodworking_ again.

P.S: the 421 hours the punk kid spent making an entertainment center stand was really out there. I don't think I could have wasted more than 100 hours on that thing, and that includes sanding the whole thing with a lady's Diamond Deb fingernail file. It was purty, but the kid did himself a disservice telling the time wasted on it. His potential clients will ask "How much do you charge per hour?" and "How many hours do you think this project will take?" and he'll be out of business before he starts. =:0

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 05:53:39 -0400, the infamous Tom Watson scrawled the following:

sir.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 05:05:47 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

How do, Leon, mon?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nice to see you again, c-less.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hey Larry!

Reply to
Leon

Wow. You've set a record (~7.5 months) for tardiest response to one of my posts. Maybe I'll check rec.bimbo to see if, at long last, any body has responded...

Reply to
jo4hn

LARRY, It's good to see you back. Maybe you'll start a trend.

Reply to
Nova

... the spokeshave? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

=A0 --Erica Jong

After 11,644 tries, he finally logged on the net, dialup, via a party line.

Reply to
Robatoy

Wow, C-less. Good to 'c' you around again.

jc

Reply to
Joe