Are there any decent Table Saws for $250-$350???

Page 2 of 2

Whatever you end up with, spend some dough on a nice blade. A good combination crosscut/rip Freud blade will be around $50 or so at home depot and is well worth every penny. Stock blades that come with saws are crap.
Frank
thanks Frank..... will do!

I have mentioned that I "picked" up an older Rockwell/Delta contractors saw ( to have a second TS in the shop) for ten bucks at an auction about 2 years ago....
I am Laughing Out Loud because I forked over 5 or 6 times that amount for a GOOD Blade for it...and I could have spent more for a Forrest
Bob Griffiths Good deals are out there...but I rarely am in the right place at the right time... This time I was...
I just took advantage of a promotion that the local Home Depot had to buy a Rigid 3650 contractor's saw. I believe it is priced at $547 on the sales floor. It's a decent saw- cast iron top and wings, 1 1/2 HP belt drive, serviceable fence, built in mobile base, regular 3/4" miter slot, arbor long enough to accept a full stack of dado blades, warranty. I was able to purchase this saw for 1/2 price when I signed up for a commercial account. All it took was filling out the application and returning it to the pro desk. Out the door the saw was under $300. I'm not sure if this was a store-specific promotion or a chain wide thing. Also, I'm not sure if this promotion is still going on or not. However Lowe's is currently (through tomorrow) offering 20% off power tools and Amazon often runs specials (and price matches as well). I just ordered a Delta drill press from Amazon. Lowe's has this drill press at 20% off and Amazon matched the price plus took off an additional 10% of the difference. I would read some archives of this news group and do some research on reviews of saws in your price range and then keep your eyes peeled for a sale on a decent saw. Used machinery can be a bargain if you know what to look for, otherwise it can be a headache (and quickly wipe out the bargain aspect) to replace parts and tune the machine to get it in working order.
Dale
buck wrote:

made in 1948.
D.Mo
I'm really happy with my Ryobi BT3100 TS that I bought at Home Depot on sale for $299. It does everything I've asked of it flawlessly. Grandpa John