Are their commericial shooting boards available?

    I know that shooting boards are usually something thrown together in the shop as needed. But I was wondering if anyone knows of shooting boards being sold commerically that have more bells and whisles then might be found in shop made versions. Adjustablity of the 45 degree angle comes to mind....     I found shooting boards being sold by Japan Woodworker but they seem to be for 90 degree flush cuts only. I am looking for something to tweak miters and they just didn't fit the bill.
TIA
I make one for routers, 90.000 only, no 45's yet.
See the http://patwarner.com/rat.html link. ***************************************************************************** snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Not aware of any, but I sell a kit for modifying your fixed 45-degree shooting board to provide fine-tuning of the angle. Send me $50 in hard currency, and I will send by return post my custom-designed paper shims that go between your shooting board's fence and the workpiece.
Seriously, there is probably a reason there is no-one making such a thing--no market for it. If you want more adjustability than you could get with shims, how about mounting one end of the fence on pivot pin (actually a tight-fitting bolt, to allow no play), and the other with a carriage bolt and wing nut, with the carriage bolt going through a slot (in the shape of an arch) in the "table" of the shooting board.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 03:52:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Delta 36-205 if it is still active. Can't necessarily recommend it as I've never used it. I have one, just haven't gotten a round tuit.
Frank

I made a 45 degree fence that is held against the 90 degree shooting board's fence with a couple dowels. If I need to tweak a miter a bit off 45 degrees I stick some shims (paper, shavings, whatever) between the fence and board to alter the angle a bit.
The 45 degree fence is actually two 45s so I can work either left or right miters and give the board proper support.
John

It's no longer being manufactured, but you would probably find the Stanley #52 interesting.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

http://www.lionmitertrimmer.com /
Though a block plane with a tilted ramp on a homebrew seems to take advantage of what they use.