Arbor Bearing Help

I have checked the archives and tried to perform due dilegence before posting but still have need for some basic help. I was given a Craftsman Model 100 table saw. It is made by Emerson, Model #

113.29991. I have cleaned it up and have it running and it does seem to cut O.K. Before running it the former owner and I noted that with no belt or blade on the saw, the arbor had some play and a bit of noise. Now, I do not detect any wobble when cutting or hearing bearings scream, but replacing the bearing seems not to far off. What I need is help in how to get the casting that contains the arbor off the trunion assembly. Any help or a little hand holding for a woodturner moving into woodworking would be appreciated. To be fair, I will try to answer any questions you have about DNA ;-). TIA David
Reply to
Genedoc

the saws sold by sears had more design changes made to them over the years than a person could reasonably keep track of. without having a saw of that model in front of me I can't directly be of help.

however, over on OWWM:

there is at least one owner of the same saw:
and lots of very knowledgeable folks who like to tinker with old machinery.

and tell Keeter hi for us.

Reply to
bridger

SFWIW, Craftsman saws used a basic 202 ball bearing until some time in the early 50's when they changed to a basic 203 ball bearing.

The OD of the 202 & 203 are identical but the inner bores are different.

At one time Sears made available a 203 bearing & shaft ass'y as a renewal part item.

Not sure if the still offer it.

BTW, the 203 has a 0.699 bore. The shaft extension will be machined to

0.625 and threaded with a 5/8-11 thd which should help you identify what you have.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You can get an exploded view with part numbers from

, go to parts and enter your saws model number.

They show the operators guide and parts manual as available.

Reply to
marks542004

I have a web page on changing the bearings in a saw a bit older than yours but the procedure should be basically the same:

me a line if you need any more information.

Frank C.

Reply to
Frank Campbell