aquarium stand

Page 2 of 2

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 07:34:32 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
Amazingly enough, my shop has absolutely no clutter at all right now. I just finished completely re-arranging everything over the weekend and now I stand there and wonder where all the room came from!
Gotta buy more tools! ;)

Funny thing - mine as well. I got fed up with things and instead of working on the wife's ottoman, I tackled the garage. Two days later I can't believe all the space I found - not to mention a few tools. Won't last long though, best intentions be damned.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Same here. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for my plumbing snake and couldn't find it anywhere so I bought another one. Then I pulled my tablesaw out to vaccuum behind it and... surprise surprise. Now I have two snakes.
I've really been pushing myself to keep things organized and so far, I'm doing a good job. The nicest thing about re-arranging the tool storage is it gives you a reason to think about all those tools you wanted to get, but never got around to. I've left spots specifically for the things I mean to get, and now I've got a reason to go shopping because I don't like empty spaces. ;)
Damn nice aquarium stand and damn nice shop, too! I noticed the trusses should allow some upstairs storage. Do you have a way to get up there?

A ladder works... I'm a little leary about storing much up there. Its only 2x4 trusses. So for now I just toss bits and pieces of left over mouldings and such up there.
Larry
Bubba Wood wrote:

Very nice. Much better than mine. Of course, even mine are better than the pet store junk :-).
BTW, where did you get the beech and what did it cost?
--
It's turtles, all the way down

Really nice shop. I retire from the Navy in 18 months....I have plans in hand just waiting for retirement day. Excellent job on the stand too. Nothing like fine furniture to display your fish from.
--
Rich Harris

"Bubba Wood" <larrydrum@n0$pam.adelphia.net> wrote in message
what I did was go to pets mart and a couple other places and looked inside the stands they were selling.
Mostly they consist of a 1x frame maybe and 3/4 plywood put together with pocket hole screws. Most aquarium users recommend marine plywood if you can get it. Most of the support is in the plywood and the frame holds the plywood in place. Just make sure the plywood is under the edge of the tank.
The hardest thing I had was starting out with no tools. I figured I could buy the tools build the stand for just a little more than buying from the store and besides having a better looking stand I'd have the tools. 3 stands later I was definitly ahead of the curve on cost.
I just wish all my other projects could save me money like that.