April fools in August??

Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really need a tool like this?
http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Digital-plane-check.html
--
Jeff

On 08/07/2014 3:05 PM, woodchucker wrote:

For $15 for the jointer knives if it worked, yeah, I'm interested...looks handier than the regular dial indicator, for sure.
For the hand plane "not so much"...
But at $15 it's not much of a risk even if it doesn't pan out...

They're all over on Amazon - lots of digital tools. No April Fools joke. Just do a search on "iGaging"
Bob S.
"woodchucker" wrote in message
Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really need a tool like this?
http://www.chipsfly.com/document/Digital-plane-check.html
--
Jeff

On 8/7/2014 6:14 PM, Bob wrote:

Yes I realize that, but would you really need a tool to set your hand plane??? NO!!!
--
Jeff

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Yes I realize that, but would you really need a tool to set your hand plane??? NO!!!
--
Jeff

Then why did they go to the trouble of making and marketing it if it serves

Sure, if you have bad eyesight or you want a specific blade height that has to be extremely accurate. It may be a limited market, but I can see some people using it.
On 8/8/2014 5:03 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Martin

I recently bought a pair of $25 iGaging digital calipers, and they're great. Very good build quality and accuracy (amazingly good for the price). It even came with a spare battery. The body (the part with the buttons and display) of the height gauge linked to above looks to be completely identical to my calipers. Whether anybody would find it useful or not, I don't know -- but I think it's a good bet it will work as advertised and work well.
--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Let's all show human
at CONCERN for REVERAND MOON's