Appropriate Finish

I just remembered I had another question.

Can anyone recommend a varnish/stain/sealer/etc. to use on the interior of wood objects that are going to contain food? Things like bread boxes, cannisters, larders, etc. Need something that is non-toxic and doesn't transfer odor/taste to whatever is in the container. Is there anything that will serve my purpose here? Or is lining the interior with plastic or metal the only safe answer?

FoggyTown

Reply to
Mike Girouard

All common finishes are non toxic once cured. Shellac and water based finishes are probably your best bet if you can't wait for the odor of oil based finishes to dissipate.

Reply to
MikeG

Reply to
David