applying euro style cabinet hinges

Can anyone advise the process you use for applying these hinges to both the door and the case? Thanks.
Personally I use screws....
Be a bit more specific, Describe which style Euro hinge you are using, its particular application, the description of the cabinet, what kind of problem you are having.

On 5 Dec 2003 05:17:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (mike korenchuk) brought forth from the murky depths:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=installing+euro+style+hinges ought to get you there.
----------------------------------------------------------- --This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels-- http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases ================================================================
I just did 5 cabinets, 10 door total. This was my first time using these hinges too. I'm not sure what your specific questions might be, so I'll just tell you what I did.
First, search for the manufacturer of the hinge web site. Most will have some literature available online, or else in the hinge package. The hinge I chose had neither, so I had to wing it.
Most manufacturers also want to sell you a jig, so you might want to go that route. But for doors in the quantity that a hobbiest would use, that seemed expensive. So, I made my own. The hinges I can assure you are not all the same from various sources, so you really need to have a hinge set in hand. The only dimensions that seem universal is the setback from the cabinet face to the hinge base. That will be 37mm, a Euro standard. The centers of the hinge base screws will be 32mm. On the door side the screw setback and spacing seems to vary, as does the setback for the 35mm mortise. The mortises all seem to be 35mm, which will work just fine with a 1-3/8" forstner bit.
I made my jig out of a scrap of Lexan, with the hole pattern for the door and carcase. I put a centerline on the jig. Then I marked centers of the hinges on the doors and the carcase, just with a tape measure, and used the jig to predrill the holes for the screws, and a starting point for the forstner bit in the door. I did not make my jig with the big hole for the forstner, just a small hole to center the bit when drilled later. The centers of the hinges are not critical because of the adjustment feature of the hinge bases.
BTW, all of this was for overlay doors on frameless carcases. Getting long winded here, so if you have specific questions, just shoot.
Second BTW, Grizzly has half and full overlay, self-closing, Woodstock Euro hinges for $1.98 a pair. The best price I could find and I was very satisfied with the product.
-- Bill Pounds http://www.bill.pounds.net/woodshop

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (mike korenchuk) wrote in message

I suggest that you get the manufacturer's spec sheet for the specific hinge. There are subtle differences and you must get it right. Then make a jig both to bore the hinge cups and to bore the carcase for the plates. Pay close attention to the back set from the edge in both cases. Get a metric rule.
Mike