Applying a finish to European Beech

Has anyone had much experience with applying a finish to European Beech? It's a very hard wood and seems to blotch. So far I am leaning towards using a Danish Oil with a cherry color to it. Does anyone have any other suggested finishes?
MartyMan wrote:

No color = no blotch
--

dadiOH

I have always liked European beech. It is mellow and has a nice, fine grain. Just clear would be fine for me, but a Polyshade might work for you.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:25:40 -0700, MartyMan wrote:

I just finished some bookshelves made out of beech butcher block material (ie, countertops from Ikea). I used Waterlox, applied via a rag with no problems. Not much chance of blotching with a clear finish. I don't see why beech needs any color added - it already has a nice reddish hue to it.
Later, Mark Muller snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com