APOLOGY TO GROUP

Page 3 of 3
hell, I don't mind taking it on the chin once in a while!! :) yeah, right! (Actually, I was kinda bummed when Keeter posted a WW related issue with no BS for me... :) )
dave
David Babcock wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

You know Dave you strike as the kind of guy that won't be having many (maybe even any) cars in your funeral procession.
That make you feel better?
UA100
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:21:15 GMT, Unisaw A100 wrote:

Talking about funerals, some of you guys might want to chip in for a headstone when BAD pops his clogs:
http://poetry.rotten.com/john-fu /
BTW, I don't have a problem with BAD's posts so I'm keeping my money in my pocket ;)
--

Frank

http://www.freebsd.org /
I have a favor to ask...please rethink your decision.
I have been a woodworker and computer nut far longer than the internet has existed. Newsgroups are a peculiar social phenomenon. It seems a few people post a little more than others, then think their opinions matter more than anyone elses. Not so. The vast majority of newsgroup patrons are guys who just lurk and try to learn. Those are the folks you were trying to reach with your original post. I am not a novice and have a well equipped shop. I would not have recommended the tools you did, but that is because I have not used them. I still found your insight interesting and thought provoking. I have no doubt there are many others who will never post, but that found your recommendations interesting as well. I was looking forward to your next post, and again, would ask you to reconsider.
As for the "elite" who may have tried to abuse you and your opinions, I have a small recommendation of my own. "Don't let the bastards get you down". They were not your intended audience, and their opinions are just that, theirs... I am not interested in what they think, and I hope you are not either. If there is one future woodworker who was helped by what you said, his being helped is far more important than their opinions. You have nothing to apologize for, because all you did was try to help someone else. Ignore the "elitists" who probably spend more time polishing their fancy, and expensive, tools than they spend using them.
I look forward to your posting a follow up sometime in the near future,
Signed,
The crabbiest old woodworker in South Texas,
Bill