AOL admin address

Page 2 of 2
Greg O responds:

But that seems to be a characteristic of these companies. I've dropped 3 that were unsuitable and in all cases have had to have the credit card company refuse payment several times before the message got through. They all make it as hard as possible for you to find the information that lets you quit, then they keep billing after you quit.

Sort of the reverse of AT&T. They really hate to lose your business. I finally got about halfway intelligent & quit them 3-4 mo. ago. Since then I've received a check of about $65 every mo. The "hook" - - if I sign & cash it, I'm automatically re-accepting AT&T as my LD carrier. I love my shredder!
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.
Charlie Self wrote:

Ah a memory. AOL billed me twice in one month in the same day. Bank statement made it look very obvious. On phone they guaranteed me that their system couldnt do that...that it had to be a bank error. I suggested to them that the invoice numbers were different and a few minutes apart. They once again said it wasnt possible. I went to bank to see if a real person could make sense of it. The very nice lady used the 800 number that was listed on the charge and got thru fast and they apologized and reversed the charge. That was fine until AOL reversed the charge a 2nd time several days later. I caught it but said to myself "their problem, not mine." Wrong. They stopped my service for payment overdue and I had to start the whole thing over again. Unfortuniately, I used AOL fopr everything and too many people have it in their address books...and of course AOL cannot fwd any emails. So I remain a "happy" AOL customer of 15 years. I am just waiting for AOL to reinstitute pay by the minute and not tell anyone...but just withdraw the charge from out bank automatically. Do NOT put it past them.
jlucasils:

Yeah. Similar. My normal billing date is the 20th of the month. This was billed on the 4th. They have no record of such a billing or payment, yet my bank has a record of the payment to them, which cannot be released without them billing.
I have been with them pretty close to 15 years. I'll changing to something else once I get back to Virginia and have time to check availability. Probably take me 2-3 months to get that running right, and to move stuff from AOL, which I will then keep on minimum pay for about a year to make sure all that is coming in gets to me.
On 27 May 2004 13:41:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Damn, Charlie - if'n you got out of AOL and WV in the same month - that would be some damned fine month!
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson responds:

Been looking over Verizon for my new phone number down in Bedford. We'll already have their extended calling plan, as we do here. Seems useful, then switch to DSL when that becomes available (there are some things that are not so good in the boonies...DSL and cable are hard to come by, though I could do Dish, for only about $100 a month [as JOAT would say, LMAO]).
It'll take a little more time to clear everything off AOL, but at the moment, it looks like I'm back in VA about 6/15 or so, and out of full-time AOL a couple days later. Figure 30-45 days to finish the job.
Damned fine 2 months, shall we say.
The sad thing is, once you disconnect from them, you'll hear from them about 8 times a month for the next year! They called me constantly to reconsider my dropping them. Offered all sorts of free hours and such.

Yup. I made the mistake of using them for exactly long enough to download a real web browser once, on the theory that I'd cancel and they'd go away. Their installer put all sorts of very stubborn hooks into my windows98 box (ok, it was a while ago, before I abandoned the windows world for Mac and Linix/Unix), and they, as you say, kept calling.
Worse, they kept billing. "I do not want your service. I never wanted your service, I tried it for an hour and didn't like it. Go away and give me my money back." Took a long time to sort that out and, sorry Charlie, I don't remember who I called at AOL.
Dave Hinz responds:

Well, that they won't do. Once they're cancelled, they're gone. I just instruct may bank to refuse ANY requests for payment from them, which I will do the same day I cancel.
On 27 May 2004 16:25:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net (James Cubby Culbertson) wrote:

you *can* dicker with them. tell them for $1000 you will sign up for an email only account.....