AOL admin address

Page 1 of 2
I think things are going to very soon dribble to a stop with me and AOL. Checked a bank statement today, and no matter how I work it, AOL has managed to overcharge me by $34.20. Trying to get a sensible answer out of the "help" person on line "Chat for Free" is about as useful as teats on a broom handle, with him telling me what my monthly charges are, what my monthly use is, the reason they charged for two months in one month, and on. He could, he said, find no payment for $120.90, implying, I guess, it was my fault. Or I inferred that. Direct withdrawal from my bank, though, shows the payment, which has to be initiated by AOL.
He can give an explanation for the rest, and did so in as obtuse a manner as possible, while still insulting my intelligence.
So I gave up, told him thanks for not much, and tried the phone number. I honestly believe that's an endless loop, as the same message was repeated and repeated and repeated ad infinitum over a 35 minute period while some nasal female who can't carry a tune blasted my eardrums in the interims. At the 35 minute mark, I hung up because there had been no sign of life, intelligent or otherwise, in that time.
So, it is time to write directly to AOL. Thing is, finding their office address is not exactly simple. I just wondered if anyone on the rec has some guidance there. Google gives so many hits I could be 3 days sorting them out.
I need to find a saner reference source and just retain AOL at minimum cost for the year or so it will take to clear everything off. But that has to wait until I get moved. I want a local place, if possible. Somewhere I can go scream in the proprieter's face when he/she screws things up, as he/she will, as that's a given when working on anything with computers.
I used AOL for several years and feel that it had become the "MCI" of internet providers.
Charlie Self wrote:

To find the business address for a company that is listed on a US stock exchange go to <http://www.sec.gov and plug the name into EDGAR. You'll get a list of possible hits, pick the one you want, and the business and mailing addresses will be at the top of the page. Those filings are required by Federal law and they're required to be amended when they change.
If you need the names of the officers then look for the "10-K" and "10-K/A" which would contain amendments including new officers.

--
--John
J. Clarke responds:

Just what I need, I think.
Thanks,
very very simple to get ahold of them. Stop payment on it. next time they try to take it out, they will be blocked, and THEY will call YOU. then you keep them on hold for 35 minutes, then let em have it with both barrels.
Works great for the cable company.

managed
"help"
handle,
the
said,
inferred
as
and
nasal
35
or
address
guidance
cost for

until
in
that's a

Bierce, The

js responds:

Not going to work. I need the address book, bookmarks, etc. for my work. I also use the email bit to ship articles and photos to editors. I stop payment, they stop access. I'm still the one in the barrel.
That's why there's a change a-coming.
start backing everything up, then do it. they arent the only email provider in the world. I am sure you have another ISP choice in your area.
I dont imagine they would just stop service if you blocked the payment, i would certainly think they would call to see what the problem is. If not, you'll have everything backed up, and can go with a different provider with better customer service.

you
also
they
Bierce, The

Charlie Self wrote:

I use SaveMyFavorites and AddressMagic in order to collect the appropriate information from AOL. I've converted a number of people with them. You merely have to log into AOL and leave their interface up before running the programs. Both programs will export the contents so you can import it into another program. You can find both programs at: http://www.connectedsw.com / I've registered them so if you need help, let me know. Mark
Werlax responds:

Checked them out quickly. I'll check them out more thoroughly later. That might well solve my problem.
Thanks,
On Thu, 27 May 2004 15:13:18 GMT, "js"

Most banks charge at least $15 for a stop pay.

I doubt it.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Charlie,
AOL has been raked over the coals several times about not being able to discontinue service properly and for their financial and billing practices. Contact your local Attorney Generals office, Consumer Affairs division and file a complaint. In NY, you can do it over the phone and on the internet. Both times that I had to resort to that action, I got quick, satisfactory results (amazingly enough...). The companies called me to correct the problems after being contacted by Consumer Affairs.
When dealing with AOL (Time Warner) you need a big gun to get their attention. Use the one you've been paying for in your state taxes... it even works sometimes.
Bob S.

managed
"help"
handle,
the
said,
inferred
as
and
nasal
35
or
address
guidance
cost for

until
in
that's a

Bierce, The

Bob responds:

Yeah, well...I'm in WV, not even sure there's an attorney general here (there is, but...). And I'm moving in just over 2 weeks.
On 27 May 2004 15:32:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

Googled: http://www.wvs.state.wv.us/wvag / Consumer Hotline: 1-800-368-8808 Give Darrell a call, an email, or a letter. Be sure to forward your new address for followups, etc.
'Tis a piece o' cake, Charlie.
LJ, who knows how NUTS it is just before a move...
-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques responds:

Yes. We drove a cargo van load of stuff to VA yesterday, round trip in one day, about 625 miles. I was going to reload and go on back, but my wife tlaked me out of it, for which I was very grateful a couple hours ago. I'd have been halfway back and hunting a motel.
On 27 May 2004 23:49:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

At least your -wife- is sane. G'luck on the trip.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com

Really?? You can have ours. Assuming Peg can drive from Wisconsin to West Virginia without wrecking another state owned vehicle.
Joe

Now come on, she only had two drinks. How that got her to, what, .12 was it, is a mystery.
Dave Hinz responds:

Is she tiny? Say, 4' tall and 65 pounds?
BIG JOE wrote:

She shouldn't have a problem since, according to her, Wisconsin is only 8 miles from West Virginia. ;)
Greets from another 'sconsinite! Mark

practices.
Yup!! When I dropped AOL They kept billing me, even after two phone calls to disconnect. My credit card company seemed reluctant to help to, so I closed the credit card account! Greg