ANZAC Day 2010

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them.

(from For the Fallen, by Laurence Binyon)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

There was some discussion of making "ANZAC biscuits" (apparently a traditional form of celebration in Australia and New Zealand) on rec.food.cooking earlier this week. I gave them a shot, but they went over so well that they didn't last to the day. Very easy to make, the instructions at are clear. I'll be making more today. I was surprised to find English "golden syrup" on the shelf next to the Karo at the local Stop & Shop, and everything else I already had on hand.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks! Brought back memories of my days in Australia/New Zealand. This was a big day of celebration, with lots of Naval ships involved in most of the ports of both countries.

Reply to
Swingman