Anything between top and bottom cabinets?

Hiya All, Bit of a silly question really. I'm just finishing up a couple of pine hutches, one of which has a top unit that sits on a bottom unit. Should I put anything on the top unit's feet (between the top and bottom cabinets) such as felt dots? I've used a a few topcoats of lacquer if that makes any difference.
Cheers, cc
I usually don't ... the ones I have are holding up after many years of use. The top units don't normally move, once placed.
Just my experience ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03