Anyone with a Mule Accusquare fence wish they'd got something different?

It looks a little low-tech, what with the "twist and lock" knob and all. Compared to the other lever action ones I've seen, anyways. Actually, I don't remember seeing the Accusquare fence in person, but I figure that since the saws I'm looking at have the option of coming without a fence, I might as well look at my fence options rather than just the default ones they offer. The other ones I'm looking at are the "Align-A-Rip" Biesemeyer clones. Don't know if those ones are available down south there...

Clint

Reply to
Clint Neufeld

JGS

Read these threads, the link is big, so watch the wrap,

David F. Eisan

Thanks, David. I should have known to DAGS. BTW, does your company sell the actual Biesemeyer fences? Or any of the clones available up here in Canada? Right now, I'm thinking of getting a King saw, and possibly buying a fence separately (instead of the "Tru-Rip" or "Align-A-Rip" clone fence). But if those clones are as good or bad as any, I might as well just get one of those.

Also BTW, I sent off an e-mail to the address on your company website about that PC plunge router base, with no reply back. I haven't got around to phoning in yet, but if you know who's responsible for checking the corporate e-mail, you may want to give their computer a smack.

Thanks!

Clint

> David.

Reply to
Clint Neufeld

Hello again,

I replied to your email the day you sent it, well over a week ago. Send it again and I will re-reply.

Rather than buy the King saw, just go buy the General 50-185. It has the best fence on it and is the best contractors saw you can buy in Canada.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

I'll do that. I'll also check my spam filters, and see if it got lost.

I've checked out the King, the Jet, and General saws, as much as I can. The only company that sells the General locally doesn't thrill me for support (they also have an issue getting stock), and they keep pushing me towards their house brand (IMC). So if I want to get the General, it's going to be from someone else, probably House of Tools 150 km away. Which makes support an issue, if it's required. It's also about $200 more than the King ($950 vs $750), and for the life of me, I can't see the difference between any of the "clone" saws.

Clint

Reply to
Clint Neufeld