...anyone using stock feeders on shapers ?

I just bought a sliding table shaper. I am building some wainscoting of different size components of white oak, and some pieces will be rather small and dangerous to push through the shaper manually. I've been looking at stock feeders as an option to safely do this. I've noticed that these feeders come in several different flavors. What should I look for in a decent stock feeder? I am not sure what speeds or hp ratings that I would need. Does anyone have some experience in this area? As usual.... thanks in advance. Matt

Reply to
Matt Zach

Matt

I use a Maggi Steff 2048 power feed on my shaper. I like the four wheel feeds because you can get two wheels on each side of the cutter. This particular power feed also has a 1" suspension travel, which is handy if you are running different thickness material. For very small pieces, I make a runner board that has an insert area for the piece to set into and feed the whole thing through. Here is a link for the Steff feed if you are interested.

Plamann

Tom Plamann

You're smart to get the power feeder. I know a guy who bought a Delta shaper and feeder but left the feeder in the box 'cause he was anxious to use the new toy and he had a job to get done. As soon as he took an inch off one of his fingers he got that feeder mounted pretty quick. When I bought my Delta shaper, I also bought the Delta feeder and bolted it to the shaper before I ever powered it up.

Shapers don't leave anything to sew back on.

Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.

Reply to
jbacke

Reply to