Anyone using hf 93656 pin nailer?

Harbor Freight 93656 pin nailer.

seems right for this pin nailer. Any hands on experience good or bad? Might be another good buy.

T Zajac

I don't have any experience with this particular nailer. But I do have two HF 18 ga nailers that have shot close to one thouand nails. The only problem I have had is when I let the pressure in my remote tank get too low (below 60psi). So I also would be interested in feedback about this pin nailer.

Jim

Reply to
JAMES M. PRENDERGAST

Maybe its me but I dont see much use for a gun that shoots up to a 1" nail. Just wondering what you are using it for?

AZCRAIG

cm

Thin wood attached to thin wood.

Reply to
Leon

OK I'll buy that. I still can't imagine buying a pin nailer just for that purpose when you could buy one that shoots up to an 1 1/4" or longer and have a more versatile gun. I suppose there may be a few people out there that use that much thin wood/trim.

Take care,

Reply to
cm

Typically if you are shooting a nail longer than 1 inch you want a heavier gauge nail to help prevent deflection and the nail blowing out the side of the wood. In thinner pieces of wood the chances increase with larger gauge nails. Typically the pin nailers with their 23 gauge nails leave a hole that often is not noticeable. These nails are literally the size of straight pins. If you build a lot of small items such as thin wood boxes, spice racks, drawer dividers, etc.. you want a very thin fastening device and long length becomes a moot point.

Reply to
Leon

Leon,

Thanks... that makes sense now.

Craig

Reply to
cm

Leon pegged it, as usual. There is a marked tendency in the hobby tool world to use size as a marketing ploy ... the longer the sizes it will shoot, the better.

In fact, many of the best quality commercial production pinners only shoot up to 11/16th's in a 23 ga pin.

In the practical world, anything longer and I would generally want to go to an 18 ga brad, so it works out.

Reply to
Swingman