Anyone used this?

I'm looking at a LV spokeshave.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

appreciated

Old Guy

Reply to
Old Guy

Check you calendar.

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

I have one.

Bought it a year ago today, but spent much less than they're asking now. I guess they ironed some kinks out in the interim.

I've modified mine a bit. The "dynamic diameter adjustment" was too slow for me, so I attached a couple of motors with pulleys on each rosewood handle, powered from a foot switch. Unfortunately each time I hit that foot switch, the lights dim. I may have overspecced those motors a tad.

With those motors attached, getting the irons out was a problem until I attached the "SpokeSharp?" (CDN patent pending) that I've designed for hard to reach sharp things. It's somewhat like a Tormek, but attached to the blade holders. Works like a charm but I can't sharpen and dynamically adjust the diameter simultaneously.

Those two mods have kept me busy most of the winter. Once they were perfected, I was making tenons faster than I could spit, but the chip generation was horrific. Time to modify once again.

Bought one of them Festool circ. saws and ripped out the connection for the vac. attachment, and hooked it up to the spokeshave. I tossed the saw. Heard it was made somewhere foreign. The other end I attached to my SooperVac®, and turned it on. On the first try, I lost one of my SpokeSharp motors. A couple of 3/8" bolts fixed that up right quick.

BTW, the finished product is just going into production now. List price is $1,499.93, but there is a 20% discount to Wreckers. Oh, plus shipping. Normal rates apply. Sales tax where applicable. Void where prohibited. Not available in Canada.

I'd order early and order often. The production run is limited.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Well... Damn.