anyone use the Virutex laminate trimmer? AU-93

I saw a double sided Virutex trimmer for $20. anyone use it? does it work better than trimming by hand with a knife and mill file?
On 10 Nov 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

    No, Dave, if you try it you will be the first. Be sure to let the manufacturer know if it works.
Buy it you will love it, George

Much better if adjusted correctly. Some sanding is still needed. Works with wood, melamine and vinyl roll edgebanding, not with thicker stuff.
Mike
If there was only one of them left in the world I would pay $1000.00 for it, it saves me that much time. No more clogged sandpaper, clogged files, and nicks in the plywood where the knife dug in. Yes they are worth it.
Jamie
Mike wrote:

Hi Mike, You posted that if it is adjusted it works well. What kind of adjustments? Thanks, Gene

It has two knives on each side, (4 total). One cuts flush and needs no adjusting, just replace as needed. The other can be set to cut a chamfer. Set the depth to no more than the thickness of the edgebanding to eliminate a lot of sanding. This is an indispensible tool if you do a lot of edgebanding. The companion end trimmer is also a good tool although by no means indispensible.
Mike
To everyone: thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure if it was just a gimmick. I'll pick one up in time for the kitchen cabinet monster project. I think SWMBO is gonna a get a little end table first...
dave