Anyone use the Grizzly 3 HP shaper?

    I know that buyng Grizzly is always a shot in the dark... I'm considering their G1026 3 HP shaper. I can get it, a power feeder, and a nice start kit of bits for less than the price of a 3 HP Delta.     I'm just a weekend warrior and won't be betting my business on this piece of equipment. I have their 8 inch joiner and couldn't be happier. Maybe this is a good tool that somehow snuck in too.
Any comments?
Add pictures here
✖
No personal experience but I have been looking at this same unit. I found this great article http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/industry-news.asp?sectionID=1493&articleID=501342 which leaned me a bit towards the Bridgewood, although for the price...
I haven't decided yet.
On Mar 12, 4:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Be careful there. You may buy the Grizzly, it could explode and cause ecological disaster.
There are many professional shops who are equipped with Grizzly. Somehow or another they are coping successfully.
Add pictures here
✖
I have a 3hp Grizzly shaper, pretty sure it's the 1026. I like it a great deal. That said, I've only used it with router bits so far. I got the collet adapter... Time, money and necessity I'll move up to some good shaper bits.

Add pictures here
✖
| I know that buyng Grizzly is always a shot in the dark... I'm <snip>
I guess that the Grizzly shapers are ok, and I know a guy who has two of them and makes money with them. Still, they are not necessarily of the quality standard which I like personally. I bought a grizzly fence for my Delta shaper, and it wasn't square. I bought a Grizzly 454 20" planer and the crank handle wasn't right and I had to re-drill the holes to fix it. The motor on the planer had a plastic fan which came loose and had to be replaced. The knives are of soft metal and need to be replaced. I bought also a gauge, and the bottom wasn't flat. Guy at Grizzly said that they can't inspect but a few. Indeed, what you get is crated in China and you get it that way.
I still buy some Grizzly shaper cutters and some other small stuff, but will never again buy any machines.
I have not had their shaper, but have had good service out of a Delta, a Weaver, and a Ritter. I also keep a small Sears 1/2" spindle job for small detail stuff.
Best wishes, woodstuff
Add pictures here
✖