anyone use a Spirocrafter?

This looks interesting, not sure how well it would work out in the real world though. I noticed it at bLowes tonight-

sure if it could use a real router, I would hope to use a little PC router instead of a dremel. Or wait..... maybe my kid would like using it with a dremel tool?

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Stay clear of this SOH.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have to admit I'm a little confused on all this. I just started looking at this discussion board yesterday. Why would Dan be deceitful on whether he owned the product or not? I can see if he was an employee or something and was trying to promote it or whatever. Seems like we all talk about products we own, so just be honest about the whole thing and we'll be fine! I made a separate post noting I own the spirocrafter and have liked it so far. What issues is anybody talking about?

Reply to
Matt

SOH?

Start Of Heading? Sense Of Humor? Straits Of Hormuz?

Doug Miller

stock on hand?

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Whaaaaat???? I missed something..... I really just wanted to know if they worked or not. Piss on you, if you think I am trying to sell them. I do not go on any Canadian wood forums ( I think- just spaltedboard) and I did not write the quote attributed to me.

Anyone still thinks I'm just trying to sell these, email me. I want to talk to you. Live, on the phone.

This is enough to make me walk away from the wreck altogether. After many years.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

thank you for your support. I don't know what the hell they are talking about. I was just looking for thoughts on a (new?) tool.

I am starting to think that rec.woodworking has outlived it's usefullness for me.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

hey Dan-

I lnow I have walked away from the wreck several times through the years... I keep coming back though. I have never regretted taking a break.

as far as your being called a spammer, could be several things.

a case of mistaken identity. a troll. (although a little more subtle than most) could be that YOU are the troll, playing both sides. wouldn't that be a hoot.

OBOT: I have never used a spirocrafter. I looked at it on the shelf at woodcrafters the other day, and it looks to me like a toy, and I don't care for the patterns it makes. they look too mechanical and inelegant to me. it may be that with some skill one could make attractive patterns with it, but I wasn't called to the thing at all. YMMV Bridger

Reply to
Bridger