Anyone tried this?

I'm trying to match an existing pine coloring and found and old post referring to a hand rubbed finish using Tea followed with blonde shellac. The first tests are very promising and I'm curious if any has tried this that has seen the results of this method over time.
EJ
Didn't T mention doing this last week?
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Eric Johnson" <ej snipped-for-privacy@wisconsinoutback.com> wrote in message
I thought so but trying to narrow down his posts in a search is a daunting task...

I think the last time was a couple or three weeks back...
Here's the DAGS link...
<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=tea+coffee+ja kofalltrades&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3Drec.woodworking>
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Actually there is a lot of discussion regarding alternate stains. I am experimenting based on a much earlier post (3/93). My interest is more of an over time how does it last. I get the tint I want now but have concerns about 5 years in the sunlight.