anyone tried "ergomates" instead of anti-fatigue mats?

At the local walking store saw a product called "Ergomates". Saw them again recently in the Acklands Grainger catalog. Basically it appears to be a form of anti-fatigue mat that straps over your existing footwear.
http://www.ergosusa.com/html/ergomates.html
They have two models, the "commercial" in white, or the "industrial" in black.
Anyone ever use these?
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

Haven't tried them, but $53?!? Sheesh. You can get some really high-end cushioned insoles for that, or there was a tip in some recent magazine where a guy just cut chunks of anti-fatigue mat (or foam camping mat, softer but much cheaper) and glued them to the soles of his "shop shoes". For $53, you could cover a good part of your shop floor with real anti-fatigue mats, which serve the added bonus of protecting any dropped hand tools, and insulating your feet and your shop from the cold ground. The cheapest source I found for anti-fatigue matting when I was looking recently was at northerntool.com, where I got 16 sq ft for $16 shipped. These are interlocking tiles of foam flooring. If I needed a little larger size, the local Dick's sporting goods or Sports Authority had 20 sq ft (I think) of "gym floor mat" for about $20, and I also saw 48 sq ft packages of exercise mat go for $35 or so (shipped) on eBay. "Ergomates" are an interesting idea, but my first impression is that they're ugly, overpriced, and an unnecessary hassle. Sorry to butt in when I haven't used this particular product, but hopefully my time spent shopping around for an inexpensive alternative will be helpful to someone else. Andy
Andy wrote: [snipped for brevity]

I'm holding out for the introduction of the Kim Jong Il model. A solid 4" thick. Comes with a CD of Elton John's Yellow Brick Road.
I would not want those things dangling on the bottom of my feet. I cannot imagine them improving 'sure footing'... but I haven't tried them.. just a hunch.
I'm happy with the honeycomb rubber mats from Costco. The sawdust falls in the holes and prolongs the 'sure footedness' of the mat. As mentioned, they do a great job protecting dropped tools... not that *I* ever drop anything. My only beef is that the 'interlocking' of those mats, isn't worth a hill of beans. Then again, at today's bean prices?.. I digress
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:19:12 -0600, Chris Friesen

Nope- and they wouldn't hold up to any use I'd have for them. Best bet always has been, and still is, quality workboots. I like Wolverines, a lot of folks swear by Redwings. They cost a bit of $$$, but not signifigantly more than most kids pay for tennis shoes. Get the right shoes, and anti-fatigue mats and the like are unneccesary- I used to just get cheap boots, but have come to realise that they're tools just like anything else- and you get what you pay for.

Yep. One thing that I've found to be *very* comfortable -- and not terribly expensive, either -- is ordinary run-of-the-mill GI boots.
--
Regards,
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:31:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I'll grant you that one- I used to have a pair of UN boots that were really nice- but I haven't seen them in steel toe. Think I paid $15 for them at an Army/Navy store.
Tue, Oct 24, 2006, 3:19pm (EDT-2) snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca (ChrisFriesen) doth sayeth: At the local walking store <snip>
How do they keep it from wandering away? How many feet does it have? Inquiring minds want to know.
(Chris Friesen) doth sayeth: At the local walking store <snip>
> How do they keep it from wandering away? How many feet does it

It's made of sentient pearwood and the previous owner is buried in the basement so it never wants to go anywhere.
J. Clarke wrote:

Next I suppose you'll be claiming that there have been sightings of orangutan hanging around the store saying, "Oook."
Chris
Wed, Oct 25, 2006, 8:51am (EDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca (ChrisFriesen) doth sayeth: Next I suppose you'll be claiming that there have been sightings of orangutan hanging around the store saying, "Oook."
You're pronouncing it wrong; it should be Oook, not Oook.
Wed, Oct 25, 2006, 8:19am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth sayeth: It's made of sentient pearwood <snip>
Damn, that's an expensive building.