Anyone think they can duplicate this desk?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Too cool!
Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 07:20:49 -0400, Meanie wrote:

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how much it would cost today to build one of those.
The workmanship is outstanding. I have seen other items that had hidden drawers and compartments. The workmanship has always been outstanding.
Paul T.
On 6/1/2013 12:33 PM, PHT wrote:

tools today.

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out, she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

and you still like her?<g>
On Saturday, June 1, 2013 1:19:41 PM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:

Turns out, > she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she > sold it at > a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

He got $70 for her, at the sale.
Sonny

Yeah, she bought me a bottle of bourbon with some the proceeds.

thats fair
Ed check your calendar It is JUNE 1 not APRIL 1.....WW.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message wrote:

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out, she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at a yard sale. Got $60 for it.
On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 22:32:58 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Well, the plans were free in the March 1953 edition of Popular Mechanics. No need to tie up a weekend though as I cut the finishing time. I rolled on a couple of coats of Sears ceiling white paint I had. Dries fast. Fills the brad holes too.
My guess - British, done while on a tour of duty to India. A British Army Engineer. ME. seems to fit my mind.
Martin
On 6/1/2013 11:33 AM, PHT wrote:

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 6:20:49 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:

No one would undertake such a project today -- too many potential lawsuits from all the flying compartments. The craftsmanship is extraordinary.
Larry