Anyone think they can duplicate this desk?

Too cool!

Apparently made hundreds of years ago in Germany. though, I'm uncertain.

Reply to
Meanie

It has the look of being made in the 1800's. Can you think of how much it would cost today to build one of those.

The workmanship is outstanding. I have seen other items that had hidden drawers and compartments. The workmanship has always been outstanding.

Paul T.

Reply to
PHT

What fascinates me is that workmanship without the advancement of our tools today.

Reply to
Meanie

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out, she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

and you still like her?

Reply to
ChairMan

Turns out, > she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she > sold it at > a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

He got $70 for her, at the sale.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Yeah, she bought me a bottle of bourbon with some the proceeds.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No one would undertake such a project today -- too many potential lawsuits from all the flying compartments. The craftsmanship is extraordinary.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

I made one virtually identical to that one for my wife. Turns out, she said it did not match the rest of the furniture so she sold it at a yard sale. Got $60 for it.

Reply to
WW

Well, the plans were free in the March 1953 edition of Popular Mechanics. No need to tie up a weekend though as I cut the finishing time. I rolled on a couple of coats of Sears ceiling white paint I had. Dries fast. Fills the brad holes too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My guess - British, done while on a tour of duty to India. A British Army Engineer. ME. seems to fit my mind.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

thats fair