Anyone test strength of TBII Extend vs. regular TBII?

Page 4 of 4
Hey Dave what color should I paint my shop? PINK ?

:) But of course! How do you like the BS on the Wreck today?
dave
FOW wrote:

Are you referring to the BS you started and sustained? Seems like the troll's calling the kettle black.
It's getting old.Believe it or not I did paint part of my shop a REAL lite pink once.It did NOT go well with the powermatic puke yellow though.

I hope you resolved the color mismatch by re-painting and NOT by swapping out your Powermatic gear! :)
dave
FOW wrote:

Hey Dave, here's a serious answer.
Modern glue should have a strength of somewhere around 2,000 psi, or else it's not working. That's _strong_. Now any attempt to test this needs a test sample of a couple of square inches minimum (or else edge effects are troublesome) and that means big chunks of steel frame, hydraulic rams and a load cell / LVDT to measure things. Like a lot of people hereabouts who also do some metalworking, I've a bearing press that would allow such a thing to be scraped together with a day or two's effort. But without it, using techniques like "Hitting it with a hammer and seeing which breaks first" is a bit like measuring flammability by asking Johnny Knoxville to dip a dwarf in them and light it.
There's also a huge variation in glue strength, owing to surface prep, material properties, technique etc. Unless you can control this (unlikely) or you repeat enough experiments to average them out, then you're more likely to be measuring random effects of knotty timber or poor sanding on one piece than you are measuring real glue differences.
Andy Dingley wrote:

This is what this thread needs. <g> http://sms.mike.neir.org /
-- Mark
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:05:31 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Loved it! However, I fail to see some of the humour in the periodic table. I understand it's a parody, but what I don't get is why real elements like garlic, pasta, and zinfandel are included with the other obviously silly ones.