Anyone test strength of TBII Extend vs. regular TBII?

Page 3 of 4  
last time, let me reiterate: it was COMPARATIVE! regular vs extended. regular held much better. plus the extended failed on face to face glue-up; it came apart with hand pressure, but that may have been because I stressed that joint within 4 hours of gluing, but it practically fell apart the next morning.
can we please drop this??
dave
Doug Miller wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Let _me_ reiterate: it was a meaningless comparison. Because the joint itself has no inherent strength, such joints are never used in practice -- so the performance of the glue is absolutely irrelevant.

Both failed due to their use in a suboptimal joint. So what? All you showed is that the test was ill-designed.

Gee, do ya think? I'm shocked.

Just curious -- how long do the instructions for TB II Extend say to clamp the joint before applying any stress to it?

As long as you continue to insist that you performed a meaningful test that demonstrated anything other than your own ignorance, I'll continue to disagree with you.

-- Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bowel Area Dave wrote:

If only this were remotely true.
sigh...
UA100
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I can see you are a paragon of restraint yourself, Keeter! How about some of those infamous blank replies?
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bowel Area Dave wrote:

Thanks Davie.
UA100
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Why Keeter, I didn't know you care so much!
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bowel Area Dave wrote:

Hmmm? It is true that monkey see, monkey do.
UA100
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Building furniture does not equal all woodworking.
All testing is not a replication of exact uses.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Dave, which one of us had to perform actual testing in order to realize that unreinforced end-grain joints have no strength?
Which one of us drew the wrong conclusion, i.e. that the glue was at fault?
Hint: it wasn't _me_ either time.
-- Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
MY conclusion so far, is that the regular glue is doing a better job than the extended. Regardless of advertised claims.
dave
Doug Miller wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

basis for forming any meaningful conclusions.

-- Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Dave,
As always you're not listening to the people who replied to yet another worthless thread started by you.
JOAT wants to know what kind of controls you used in your testing. Even a white trash yokel, like me, living in a trailer knows that testing in an uncontrolled environment provides meaningless results. Somehow I think the qualified scientists at Titebond performed multiple controlled tests using top of the line scientific measuring devices to arrive at their conclusions. Now I know that doesn't rank up there with your observations, but I'm going to go with their results.
Dave and Andy try to apply some real world logic to your conclusions.
They're all right but you still have to argue your point, which leads me to the obvious question:
Are you ever not a horse-dick?
Rich
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
back to the plonkee list - P L O N K !
dave
Rich wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
BAD, you really are a clueless asshole.
I read newsgroups, but post only infrequently because there appears to be much more knowledge out there than I consider myself to possess. It really jumps out at me when someone like you posts questions and then retorts with name-calling and insults when others offer advice that doesn't match your preconceived notion of what is proper.
I've seen many instances when you lambast other posters and invoke your killfile. They give you multiple chances to grow up but you still persist in childish behavior. Do you make friends with people who see you in person? Or do you treat everyone you know like this?
I'm sure others here will help you with any WW task you undertake, but you've got to realize what you're doing first. If you come here for answers to questions, it includes the admission that you want more knowledge than you now have. It appears that most here try to give you all the information they can. That will always include some good-natured humor (it's human nature), but you can't seem to roll with the punches. It's when you try to punch back that makes you look so ridiculous.
Not hoping this will help, John Sellers

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Would I make your day if I give you the old heave-ho?
Well, I don't want to cater to your every whim, so try to be a little more insulting next time....
dave
John Sellers wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't presume that I'll ever give a damn, BAD. Your killfile list isn't significant, apparently not even to you.

That's the tactic you use. Doesn't work, either.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
YOU are the one who brought up kf's; not me. Can't even keep track of what YOU wrote, can you?
dave
John Sellers wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Bay Area Dave" wrote

I'm done - no more banging my head on the wall. As I said before - you're clueless, and that's not likely to change.
Have a nice life, John Sellers
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
thank you for your concern.
dave
John Sellers wrote:
snip

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Rich wrote:

May I answer this?
UA100
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.