Anyone still making tongue & groove planes?

Hi,
is anyone still making tongue and groove planes?
Thanks
Alex

Your best bet may be Clark and Williams at www.planemaker.com.
Tongue and groove planes comes under the heading of "Custom Planes Clark & Williams planes are produced one-at-a-time. For that reason, custom planes or even changes from those listed are possible. It would be difficult to list all the possible bench and molding planes but many can be provided by Clark & Williams.
Good luck.
Another Alex

Any reason that you're asking for a new one? Old ones such as the Stanley 48 and 49 and Union 41 are all over eBay for low prices. http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan7.htm#num48 You could also go with the matched set, funnily enough called match planes, or wood bodied T&G planes. Again, eBay is your friend.
If you've gotta have new, you can be a beta tester for Steve Knight - providing you have some deep pockets. I mean seriously deep. http://www.knight-toolworks.com/speciality.htm#tongue

Oops - I guess I should have checked Steve's website before guessing that T&G would be a new design for him. I bet if you asked really nice, he'd let you have a tester for less than the $2 million list price. Ha - for that price, I'm envisioning a solid gold plane body, with an ivory handle and a diamond-tipped blade that never gets dull. Andy

I second that. A year ago I needed a rebate plane for my restoration work. Not a tiny little cabinet maker's rebate plane but a two handed joiners tool and I found one only available new for over 200 quid (!). Ebay, ebay, and for 30 quid I have two beautiful rebate planes, antiques and a joy to use and own.
You can accidentally buy crap of course, you can't always tell from the picture and the bloke selling it often doesn't know much. I don't know where you are but there is always interesting stuff here:
http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/listings/list/category13870/index.html?from 83&ssPageName=ME:F:CAT
and most sellers will post worldwide.
Tim w
Hi,
I've bought a few T&G wooden planes from EBay and haven't been too thrilled with what I got. So I was hoping to buy a new one.
I guess it's back to ebay for me.
Alex

You might email Steve Knight - I know he's got some new equipment (CNC) and I think he's working on some new designs. Is there a reason you don't want to check eBay, flea markets, antique stores, etc. for old ones? Good luck, Andy

Goggle Todd Herli....he makes planes.