anyone seen this new tool yet?

Having just done a couple of houses worth of moldings, I thought this was an interesting new product....

No affiliation, just thought it was a cool new tool.

jc

noonenparticular

Flash only website. Clunk (hits the bin). All I see of those is a little inscription [flash] at the top of my screen.

I filter all flash content because *so* much animated advertising gets pushed that way, much of it is of a nature that is likely to trigger migraines in me. (no, I can't play pong or breakout on the comp, either). Won't have anything to do with people who try to do business with a flash only website (their loss). Get filed under 'inept geek web designer'. :-(

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

You should try using a company PC where the only browser your able to use is Internet Explorer and watch how fast the flash crap crashes IE and/or the OS. I guess that keeps people from surfing.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

it in reruns again recently. It seems to work pretty slick if we are to believe Tommy Silva and TV!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I saw it on the TOH episode a couple of years ago. The claim to fame was that you could use unskilled labor to make the copes. At the time, they wanted about $2500 for it. My thought was that I wasn't going to let an unskilled laborer play with a $2500 tool. My next thought was that I could make a lot of copes for that price.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

dive. I still cope most of my insides and surely cannot compete with this machine for speed (they say 20 sec for a 4 1/2" Crown). If the quality is there it will probably be the last straw for the hand-cut cope. BTW- Most of the young fellas that do straight finish around my parts don't even own a coping saw and have no idea how to cope anyway.

Joe Bemier

Likewise ...

Reply to
Swingman

I have, at Western Tool in Burlington VT. It was kind of cool, but probably tough for even most pros to justify.

IIRC it was about $2K. Interesting but the sort of thing that you would only consider buying if you were a contractor building a whole development.

Steve

Reply to
C&S

Looks like this would be the starter version for most of us

Joe Gorman