Anyone Replace Grizzly G0555 Motor?

Anyone replace the 1 HP motor to 1-1/2HP motor? Grizzly said the motor flange mounting is proprietary and they don't have the1-1/2HP motor available.

Thanks

Reply to
WD

I replaced it, but with the same motor as the original had a bad bearing as it was sent to me. Curious as to why you want the extra 1/2 hp. I've resawed 4" x 4" and made bandsaw boxes causing me to resaw nearly 6" thick oak and it never slowed.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

I plan to cut 8"X8" green railroad tie Red oak coming winter. Will replaces the motor if I got bog down.

Thanks

Reply to
George

He is just envious of my 12" Crapsman, ya know, the 'luminium frame model. It has a 1-1/2 HP on it! Greg

Reply to
Greg O