Anyone order from Twin Oaks Mill, Inc

I'm thinking of placing an order with Twin Oaks Mill, AVA, Missouri.

100 bd/ft hard maple, 100 bd/ft white oak.

Pricing and shipping seem reasonable, just wondering if anyone out there have used these folks, and if you have an opinion (about Twin Oaks) to share.

Thanks,

-nick

Reply to
Nicky

Didn't order from them, but I did contact them about buying some quarter sawn white oak. They told me that all their quartersawn oak was cut at 45 degrees and did I know not all quartersawn material displayed a fleck pattern. Maybe I was just confused by their terminology but in my mind that put the boards in a rift sawn catagory . I ordered elsewhere so can't really recommend one way or another. Just thought it odd.

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Thanks Mike. I've had some email exchanges, and they seem to know what I want.

I'm trying to get away from the *mart/big box suppliers. I just can't get what I want, and my needs are simple, plain sawn, in the rough. I bought some ash, from a local supplier, who no longer carries hardwood in the rough, and now I spend way to much time sanding out planer marks.

So I'll give these folks a try, and if I'm disappointed, I'll try someone else.

Wish me luck.

-nick

Reply to
Nicky

Please keep us updated as to the service you get...

Reply to
Brian