Anyone need a 15 HP motor? FREE.

Not sure of the make or power requirements other than the fact that it was for USA use... My vendor had it, and the SN plate has been ripped off and returned as a warranty item. He was throwing it away because one of the "tie rods" mounting points is snapped off the cast housing in shipment to him. The shaft spins freely and looks to be 1" or greater in diameter. It has never been wired so I doubt it is blown. He said it was a 15 HP motor anyways and it is certainly heavy enough to convince me of it's rating... <grin>
Free to whomever wants to pick it up from me and/or pay actual UPS ground shipping although I'd REALLY prefer that you pick it up.
I'm in Northern, NJ... 07946
It is going in the dumpster Friday if nobody shows interest. If multiple people respond, I'll hold a "lottery" to choose the recipient. Pick-up folks receive preferential treatment.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 http://www.AutoDrill.com http://www.Multi-Drill.com
V8013-R
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

How much do you figure it weighs?
Could a 1/2 ton pickup handle it?
Gus
Gus wrote:

Google is your friend... :)
http://emstore.store-logic.com/index.cfm?fuseaction talog.prodInfo&productID&categoryIDF
Shows a Leeson at 300 lb

I was going to guess <500...
Gus wrote:

Google is your friend... :)
http://emstore.store-logic.com/index.cfm?fuseaction talog.prodInfo&productID&categoryIDF
Shows a Leeson at 300 lb

It is in the trunk of my Saturn sports car... I put it there myself. Maybe 100 lbs. tops... Probably more like 75.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

What the heck is it, then? That's <way> too light for any ordinary 15 hp motor.
I have a call into them... Maybe he will be nice enough to tell me. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Would be about right for 3 to 5 hp, though. What's the overall shape/dimensions/base? Might give a clue.