Anyone near Augusta?

Going to be spending the next three months in Augusta, GA, and wondering if anyone living near the area that could give me some insight on good places to look for WW tools(hand tools, they'll have to fit in the suitcase for the trip back to Okinawa.) I know the BORG is omnipresent, but is there anything off the beaten path where the staff is knowledgable and the stuff is reasonable?

Thanks

Reply to
David G. Sizemore

3 months, Augusta, Okinawa. A signal school class? ;-) I was there about 15 years ago between tours at Ft. Bliss ("The wind doesn't blow, it sucks") and the Pentagon ("Disneyland East.")

Sorry, I have no current knowledge of Augusta area WW stores.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

"David G. Sizemore" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Yahoo Maps makes it about a three hour drive to Highland Hardware in Atlanta. And then back. Sounds like a great Saturday to me!

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Why yes, yes it is.

Thanks anyway, and to the reply about Highland Hardware, I already have that trip planned =)

Reply to
David G. Sizemore

Reply to
Jim Behning

We lived in Augusta for three months, and the closes place I could find, was in Columbia, SC.

Reply to
Walter H. Klaus

Don't forget the WoodCraft Store about 5 miles from Rockler in Atlanta. You should be able to get the exact location via there web site at

Dave Mack

Reply to
Dave Mack Sr.

Sat, Nov 27, 2004, 3:26pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.no.spam.net (Mark=A0Jerde) recalls: and the Pentagon ("Disneyland East.")

Ah, yes. Remember more than one end of shift on paper exercises, slow enough a goot part of the shift in an unused briefing room, watching Captain Kangaroo. Indeed, an interesting assignment. Some very interesting artwork, models, and photos too.

JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

- Dr Seuss

Reply to
J T