Anyone near Augusta?

Going to be spending the next three months in Augusta, GA, and wondering if anyone living near the area that could give me some insight on good places to look for WW tools(hand tools, they'll have to fit in the suitcase for the trip back to Okinawa.) I know the BORG is omnipresent, but is there anything off the beaten path where the staff is knowledgable and the stuff is reasonable?
Thanks
--
If you don't know to switch the "com" and the "gmail",
You probably shouldn't attempt to email me.
David G. Sizemore wrote:

3 months, Augusta, Okinawa. A signal school class? ;-) I was there about 15 years ago between tours at Ft. Bliss ("The wind doesn't blow, it sucks") and the Pentagon ("Disneyland East.")
Sorry, I have no current knowledge of Augusta area WW stores.
-- Mark

Why yes, yes it is.

Thanks anyway, and to the reply about Highland Hardware, I already have that trip planned =)
--
If you don't know to switch the "com" and the "gmail",
You probably shouldn't attempt to email me.
Sat, Nov 27, 2004, 3:26pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.no.spam.net (MarkJerde) recalls: <snip> and the Pentagon ("Disneyland East.") Ah, yes. Remember more than one end of shift on paper exercises, slow enough a goot part of the shift in an unused briefing room, watching Captain Kangaroo. Indeed, an interesting assignment. Some very interesting artwork, models, and photos too.
JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind. - Dr Seuss

Yahoo Maps makes it about a three hour drive to Highland Hardware in Atlanta. And then back. Sounds like a great Saturday to me!
Patriarch
While not as much fun as Highland Hardware, Rockler on Roswell Road. Stone Mountain Power Tool in Lilburn which might be called Kentec. I visited the Lilburn store and it has lots of good stuff. Table saws, drill presses, planers, lathes and other fun woodworking stuff. It is sort of on the way back from HH. I20 is about 1/2 hour south of the store.

We lived in Augusta for three months, and the closes place I could find, was in Columbia, SC.
Walter H. Klaus

Don't forget the WoodCraft Store about 5 miles from Rockler in Atlanta. You should be able to get the exact location via there web site at www.woodcraft.com
Dave Mack