Anyone like (or dislike) the Penn State DC2000B? Still deciding on which to buy.

Okay, several people thought that "more power" is the way to go and so I'm now looking at the Penn State DC2000 dust collector.
It's 2HP, 1500CFM, and comes with a 1-micron bag. It lists at $345 and is marked down right now to $260.
Looks like a pretty powerful DC for the money. The question, as always, is ... does it suck?
Jack
Check the amps .... true 2 hp should be around 10-12 amps @220V. HP ratings can be very inflated.
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
Joseph Connors wrote:

HP

good, but I think I know the reason...
(I don't pass on an opportunity to badmouth them; they are just not honest people. Note that they claim the DC2000B is 65db. Yeah, if you put it in the closet maybe.)
"I don't pass on an opportunity to badmouth them"
Yeah, we noticed.
I've been using the the DC2000CF (canister filter) for about two years, and I'm happy with the performance. The limiting factors for DC performance are impeller size, duct size, and filter type and area. As long as the motor is powerful enough to turn the impeller at rated speed, it doesn't matter whether it's 2 HP or 20 HP. The DC2000 has a 12" impeller, and it will perform the same as other machines of comparable design.
If I were shopping today, I'd take a good look at the Delta 70-560. The impeller is a bit smaller (11.5"), but it has a larger outlet, which should equalize things. Comes with a good filter bag, and the price is under $300 with free shipping from several vendors.

I've had a DC2V2 for 3 years or so and have been very pleased. I run one side of the "y" to my joiner and the other side to 25 feet of flexible hose that I hook up to whatever other machine I'm using. When I bought mine the salesman apologized for only having the model wired for 220 volt in stock, worked out fine for me as I wanted 220 anyway. I would think the DC2000 would work fine for your stated use.