Anyone know of good uses for old 2-liter bottles?

Page 3 of 3

I've been told (though never tried) that deer will learn to kick them in order to get the shelled corn inside out onto the ground.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

[snip]
Cut the bottom off, turn the bottom piece upside down and put it over the vent opening on an outboard motor gasoline tank. It still allows air in but is added protection against rain or dirt sneaking through the vent. (From a local Florida boat dealer.)
Great nail & screw cups when cut in half and placed in the plastic containers that originally hold them as soda bottles (2 rows of 4). Easy to tote around and/or store.
22 targets.... :-)
John
TwoGuns wrote:

Thirty ought six, I think you mean. Woohoo, do they jump!

If you want it more realistic, fill them with sand, or water. If you want it more exciting, fill them with hydrogen, with a candle burning just beside. If you need to know how to make hydrogen, let me know.

Oops. The water was assumed.
The last time I shot at them was at my brother's place out in the wilds of Manitoba a cupla years back.
I winged one on the curve from the neck down, and the melted groove in the plastic was way cool.
djb

scribbled: I've seen them used for moose calls.
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Woodworking
Fri, Oct 14, 2005, 8:22am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@neb.rr.com (TwoGuns) mumbled: Maybe this has already been addressed here but I have been trying to come up with good uses for two liter plastic bottles for years. <snip>
Water rockets. I posted a link long ago, so it's in the archives, or google.
JOAT Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
Screw the cap onto an empty bottle and you have a great dog toy.
Mark