Anyone know of good uses for old 2-liter bottles?

Great nail & screw cups when cut in half and placed in the plastic containers that originally hold them as soda bottles (2 rows of 4). Easy to tote around and/or store.

22 targets.... :-)

John

TwoGuns wrote:

Reply to
John DeBoo

John DeBoo

Thirty ought six, I think you mean. Woohoo, do they jump!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Amazing - It used to be SOP for Atlantans to go out on December 31 and fire their favorite pop gun into the midnight sky. Sounds like all those yankee transplants finally managed to "civilize" 'em. Next, they'll be shuttin' down the Varsity as "subversive".

Morris Dovey

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:28:48 -0700, mac davis scribbled:

I've also filled them with water and used for thermal mass under the greenhouse raised growing beds (but I now use 4-litre milk jugs).

But mostly, I return them to the recycling centre and get my quarter back.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

On 14 Oct 2005 08:22:59 -0700, "TwoGuns" scribbled: I've seen them used for moose calls.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

If you want it more realistic, fill them with sand, or water. If you want it more exciting, fill them with hydrogen, with a candle burning just beside. If you need to know how to make hydrogen, let me know.

Reply to
Steve Peterson

Friend of mine used to work for Coca-cola as a graphic designer in their building on the edge of East LA. Cool building, looks like a ship.

The roof was the open air lunch area.

On Cinco de Mayo, Coke forbid their employees from going out on the roof, and swept up the slugs that fell from the sky the next morning.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Oops. The water was assumed.

The last time I shot at them was at my brother's place out in the wilds of Manitoba a cupla years back.

I winged one on the curve from the neck down, and the melted groove in the plastic was way cool.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Wow.. kind of pricey... I can't imagine that they work any differently than the HF ones??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

yeah, but those frozen bunnies could be useful for something, I guess...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Rabbits... the *NEW* push stick.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I thought that was cats.

Reply to
Jim

Cats are *SO* nineties...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:20:10 -0600, Dave Balderstone scribbled:

Dead rabbit pushstick from the 90s:

Sherman used to post on the wreck.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

put some strips of aluminum foil in the bottle and add a little HCL ("The Works" toilet bowl cleaner works real well) tighten the cap, give a shake, and toss out back. In a few minuites there will be a real big "BANG" when the bottle explodes from the reaction. be sure to stay clear! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I have been using 2L bottles as fence post covers for years! I cut the top off down far enough to make the sides straight, and flip them over and slide them down over the tops of the posts, (usually a nice tight slip-fit). Seems to keep the posts from splitting and the birds from messing on them. I also have the neatest looking, round topped, (I use the bottles with the seperate platic base glued to them), pasture fenceposts around! Tim Q

Reply to
Tim

Fri, Oct 14, 2005, 8:22am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@neb.rr.com (TwoGuns) mumbled: Maybe this has already been addressed here but I have been trying to come up with good uses for two liter plastic bottles for years.

Water rockets. I posted a link long ago, so it's in the archives, or google.

JOAT Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Reply to
J T

You'll want to review your inorganic chemistry. It's hydroxides you're after if you want to generate hydrogen. Lye is the preferred for its punch by weight. Drano and some other drain cleaners even include some aluminum chips for the foaming and the mechanical action it generates.

Reply to
George

Uh, Weegee?

That's a dead rabbit PULL stick.